Prowse & Co. respects your privacy and endeavours to safeguard your privacy when you use our Services.
- What personal data we collect, how we collect it, and why
- How we use such personal data
- What third party service providers we use and to whom we share your personal data
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
We gather and use certain information about individuals to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
2. Data Controller
Prowse & Co. Limited, Riverbridge House, Guildford Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 9AD
3. Contact Person
Joanne Rogers, Managing Director
4. What Data We Gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Special needs in relation to event attendance
- Payment details if making an online purchase on a website controlled by Prowse & Co. Ltd
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
- Any other contact information such as your messages to us including its content and identification data
5. How We Use This Data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Prowse & Company Ltd enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use this data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise our website for you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might relevant for you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
6. Automated Information Collection
Cookies and how we use them: A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
We and our service providers may use these tracking technologies to collect and analyse certain kinds of technical data, including:
- IP addresses
- your operating system version
- your operating system version
- your browser types
- your browser language
- platform type
- the amount of time spent on particular pages
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Analytics: We collect and process personal data such as usage data and cookies when by using analytics services and tracking technologies. We use Google Analytics, a web-analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics deploys methods that enable us to analyse how you use our Website. Google utilizes the personal data collected to track and examine the use of our Website and Services to share them with other Google services. Google may use the personal data collected to contextualize and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. The information generated on your use of this website may be processed by Google outside of the EU and EEA. You can prevent the acquisition of the data relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google, as well as its processing by Google, by downloading and installing the Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
7. What Is the Legal Basis For The Processing?
Legitimate Interest: Part of our processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interests allow us to process your data for other reasons than merely for the performance of any contract between us and you. We may for example develop, monitor and analyse Services as well as send communication and marketing for you based on our legitimate interest. You may reach our contact person defined in section 3 if you consider that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms override our legitimate interest and require protection of your personal data.
8. Controlling information about you
When you fill in our 'subscribe' form or provide your details via our 'Buy tickets' form on our website or via our event booking systems, you are providing permission for Prowse to contact you.
You have a right to access, update and manage your own personal data under the applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to provide further information in order to identify you. We will respond to your requests within 30 days.
You are entitled to obtain confirmation on whether or not we process personal data about you. You may also have information on our means of processing as well as a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
You shall have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. You may have your incomplete data completed if you provide us with additional information or statement.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Call us on: + 44 (0) 1372 363386
- Update your email subscription preferences via Prowse's emailing system (the link to this will appear in all marketing emails sent by Prowse)
- Write to us at: Managing Director, Prowse & Co Ltd, Riverbridge House, Guildford Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 9AD
9. Sharing Your Data:
We will not lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our Data Protection Policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal data may be disclosed to third parties if required under any applicable law or regulation or order by competent authorities, or in order to enforce the Terms and to investigate possible infringing use of the Services.
10. How Long Do We Store your Personal Data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the defined purpose of the processing of personal data or for legal requirements. Personal data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you.
We retain your event reservation data for three years after you have performed the reservation via our website or third-party event booking systems.
If you have given your consent to electronic marketing we will process your personal data and send you marketing until you withdraw your consent.
11. Right to Erasure
If you no longer want us to actively process your personal data, you can have us delete your personal data if:
- your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected
- if you withdraw your consent
- if you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in applicable law.
12. Security of Your Information